PREPARATION: 20 MIN | COOKING: 45 MIN | READY IN: 90 MIN
Ingredients (6 serves)
- 2C homegrown chickpeas
- 2C homegrown lentils
- 2C homegrown azuki beans
- 2 brown onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4C vegetable broth
- 2C water
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Some grated parmesan (optional)
- Some chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large sized pot, heat up the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped oniond, carrots, celery, potatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook and stir often, until the vegetables has softened and the onions are turning translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the homegrown chickpeas and azuki beans, capsicum, garlic, and other all spices. Cook until fragrant while stirring frequently.
- Pour in the tin of tomatoes, vegetable broth and water.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to boil. Cover the pot with a lid, leaving some gap for steam to escape. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, and then add the sprouted lentils. Continue simmering, uncovered, for 10 - 20 minutes until all vegetables are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Garish bowls of soup with chopped parsley or optional grated parmesan.
*Optional to use any seasonal vegetables and to add extra pasta.