Lentil sprouting seeds
Our red lentils have a blushing pink hue when they are sprouted, adding a beautiful colour to any dish. Once you sprout our lentils there is no turning back to the tinned lentils! 80g of sprouted lentils equates to one tin of lentils for any recipe substitute. Sprouting activates the dormant seeds and brings to life all the nutritional goodness you find in the seed form.
Read our latest recipe with lentils and why not Grow your Own!
Our sustainable seed bags are made from a natural woven blend of cotton and muslin. For longer seed shelf life please store the seeds in an airtight container.
Please note: Seeds are NOT available for purchase if your delivery address is in WA or TAS due to quarantine restrictions.
- Non Detected Chemical Residue * NATA Laboratory Tested
- Microbiologically tested. (Free of pathogens, e-coli, salmonella and listeria)
- No chemical seed coating
- Open pollinated
- Germination +95%
- Seed Purity +98%
Days to maturity
Jars, trays and sprouting bags.
How to sprout lentil seeds
Our growing instructions are based on jar and strainer method:
- Add 4-6 tbsp of seeds to your jar, cover seeds with 400ml of water. Swoosh around to agitate seeds and tip water out to clean the seeds.
- Add 400ml of water and allow the seeds to soak for 4-6 hours.
- After soaking drain water by tipping the jar upside down using the strainer lid.
- Sit the jar in a tilted resting position throughout the growing period, away from direct sunlight.
- Water the sprouts minimum 2 times a day during a 8-10 hours period. For better results water the sprouts 3-4 times per day.
- First flush, rinse sprouts and drain. Repeat for a second rinse with fresh water for a few minutes.Extra water may be required on hotter days/more humid conditions.
- Drain and place jar back in resting position.
- Repeat Growing Steps 2 and 3, the rinsing and draining process 2-4 times daily till the seeds are ready for harvest.
- Short, white tails will emerge on Day 2 and will continue to grow everyday.
Harvest at your desired length. Wash and drain the leftovers and place in a clean container. The sprouts can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.