Classic delicious pumpkin soup with home grown sprouts. The extra ginger and turmeric will keep you warmed you up!
PREPARATION: 5 MIN | COOKING: 15 MIN | READY IN: 20 MIN
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/4 (about 1kg) Japanese pumpkin (or butternut pumpkin),peeled and diced
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1/2 C homegrown chickpea
- 1/2 C homegrown mung bean
- 4cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp oregano (can substitute with dried oregano)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 500ml water or vegetable stock
- Some salad seeds
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
- Place olive oil in a large saucepan over medium–low heat. Cook the onion until soft and brown.
- Add oregano, bay leaves, fresh ginger and turmeric. Cook for 1 min until aromatic.
- Place water in a large saucepan and add the chopped pumpkin, homegrown chickpeas and mung beans. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium–low. Cover and simmer for 20mins or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Blend the mixture with a stick blender until smooth. Top with sour cream and olive oil.
- Sprinkle salad seeds to give a little crunchiness.