Our own meatless homemade burger pattie recipe, using homegrown sprouts :D
For gluten free option, swap out to GF buns!
PREPARATION: 20 MIN | COOKING: 8MIN | READY IN: 30 MIN
- 1C homegrown chickpea sprouts
- 1C homegrown mung bean sprouts
- 150g firm tofu
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Olive oil
- Some chilli flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley & coriander
- 4 burger buns
- lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, mayo (and any other sauce that you prefer)
- Cook homegrown chickpeas & mung beans and drain very well.
- Slice and cook the mushrooms in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil until soft and juicy.
- Place cooked chickpeas, mushrooms, garlic and firm tofu in the food processor, and blend until it turns into a rough paste.
- Transfer this mixture to a big bowl and add cooked mung beans and the rest of the spice and herbs. Add tapioca flour. * Tapioca flour helps to combine the patty together.
- Shape into 4-6 patties, between 1.5 – 1.8 cm thick.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil on the stove over medium to medium-high heat and cook until it turns to a deep, golden brown colour and is crispy. 4 minutes one side and then flip and cook for 4 minutes on the other side.
- Grill/toast the burger buns
- Place mayonnaise, lettuce, cooked patties, sliced tomato, pickle, more mayonnaise and cheese to finish.