PREPARATION: 5MIN | COOKING: 15MIN | READY IN: 20MIN
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/8 Japanese pumpkin, diced
- I carrot, diced
- 1 sweet potato, medium sized, diced
- 8 dried shiitake mushroom
- 1/2 C home grown chickpea
- 1/2 C home grown mungbean
- 1/2 C buckwheat
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- handful of spring onion, finely chopped
- 700 ml water
- 3-4 tbsp miso )we used brown rice miso from Enokido
- 1 tsp dashi powder (optional)
- Pour water into saucepan and bring to a low simmer with dried shiitake mushrooms. Once soft, remove mushrooms, slice them and set aside.
- Add dashi to the mushroom infused water.
- Add carrot, buckwheat, ginger, chickpeas and mungbean and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the rest of the vegies and cook for another 15mins or until all is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add miso. Stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle fresh spring onion as garnish.