PREPARATION: 20 MIN | COOKING: 15 MIN | READY IN: 35 MIN
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 2 cup sushi rice (in the photo we used 1½ cup sushi rice + ½ cup brown rice)
- 2¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup sushi vinegar or (⅓ rice vinegar, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 tsp. salt)
Chirashi – topping
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ carrot, julienne
- Some rocket salad
- ½ spanish onion, sliced
- 8 -10 prawns, cooked
- 1 cup home grown alfalfa sprouts
- ½ cup homegrown chickpea (cooked for 15mins)
- Couple of mint leaves
- Salmon roe
- Sea urchin
- Bamboo shoots
- Snow pea sprouts ( cooked lightly and cut julienne)
- 8 shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- dashi powder, optional
Egg crepe (kinshi tamago)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dashi (substitute with sake or water)
- ¼ sea salt (if it is table salt use half the amount)
- Cook rice with water in a thick bottomed pot as per instructions on the packet. (or rice cooker)
- Once ready, transfer rice to a bowl. Do not cover.
- Pour sushi vinegar and mix with wooden spoon.
- Let rice cool to room temperature on the countertop. Do not let rice cool down in the fridge.
- Prepare all the vegetables and put to one side.
- Heat shiitake mushrooms in pan with marinate until cooked. Place aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with a whisk and add the rest of the egg crepe ingredients until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Dip a small piece of paper towel in vegetable oil.
- Cover the pan evenly with a thin layer of egg mixture, take off heat and cook with residual heat until it has solidified.
- When it has completely cooled down, fold in half, and then roll. With a sharp knife, cut into thin julienne strips.
- Assemble all in a bowl.