Make your meal a delight with the Moroccan inspired spices in this one-pot chicken dinner.
PREPARATION: 15 - 60 MIN | COOKING: 45 MIN | READY IN: 100 MIN
Ingredients (serves 4 - 6)
- 500g butterflied chicken cut to 6-8 pieces,or chicken breast/legs 4– 6) pieces
- 1 C mixed olives (or only green olives)
- 2 C homegrown chickpeas
- 1/2 preserved lemon, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 C water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and black pepper
- fresh coriander parsley
- Marinate chicken in half of the spice mix and leave it for at least 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place olive oil in a large tagine pot or dutch oven and heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken pieces skin-side down and cook until light brown for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add garlic and the rest of the spices mix and keep turning the chicken pieces over with low heat for a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and homegrown chickpeas and cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Add chopped preserved lemon and olives 5 minutes before turning the heat off.
- Sprinkle coriander or parsley.
- Serve with couscous, rice with your choice.