Twice the fun set
For twice the fun, this set is for you. Start alfalfa seeds in one jar, then start your festive colour bean mix or lentils two days later, and by day five, you’ll be ready to harvest both jars. That’s a supply of fresh greens and plant protein, ready on hand within five days. To make a tempting salad, top your sprouts with crunchy, delicious Australian native salad seeds, also included in the set.
The set includes:
2 glass sprouting jars with plastic strainer lids
250g festive colour mix sprouting seeds: green mung beans, black pearl mung beans, red lentils and adzuki beans
150g alfalfa sprouting seeds
150g red lentil sprouting seeds
130g Australian native salad seeds
- Add 4-6 tbsp of sprouting seeds to your jar (2 tbsp for broccoli seeds) and cover with 400ml of water. Swirl around to agitate and clean the seeds, then tip out the water.
- Add a new 400ml of water and allow the seeds to soak for 4-6 hours.
- After soaking, drain water by tipping the jar upside down using the strainer lid in your sprouting kit.
- Sit the jar in a resting position, away from direct sunlight.
Growing & watering
- Water your sprouts a minimum of 2 times a day. 3-4 times per day is ideal.
- Add 400ml of water, swirl around to rinse sprouts, then drain.
- Repeat Step 2 for a second rinse with fresh water for a few minutes (extra water may be required on especially hot or humid days).
- Drain and place jar back in a resting position, away from direct sunlight.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-4 times daily until your sprouts are ready for harvest.
The magic of photosynthesis
To give your sprouts a wonderful green colour, the final stage before harvesting involves sunlight and the transformational process of photosynthesis. When your sprouts have grown to the desired size, simply follow these steps:
- Place your sprouts in an upright position in an area with bright light.
- Keep out of direct sunlight, natural or fluorescent lighting is fine.
- Photosynthesis will start to happen within one hour and can take up 12 hours (longer time = darker green)
Rinsing and watering is still required during the photosynthesis stage, especially in warmer weather.
- Once your sprouts have reached your preferred shade of green, they’re ready for harvesting and feasting! 5. Wash and drain your sprouts, then place them in a clean container. Your sprouts can be kept fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
- Non detected chemical residue *NATA laboratory tested
- Microbiologically tested. (Free of pathogens, e-coli, salmonella and listeria)
- No chemical seed coating
- Open pollinated
- Germination +95%
- Seed Purity +98%
Our seed satisfaction promise
If you carefully watched our How to Sprout Seeds video and followed our growing instructions but your seeds did not sprout, you can return them for a full refund. This does not apply if you skipped a step – reread the instructions!
Please note: Seeds are not available for delivery to WA or TAS due to quarantine restrictions. Ceramic spoon is for decoration only and is not included.