Kid's sprouting kit
Our grow your own sprouting kit for kids are an easy and educational way to introduce your little humans to the wonderful world of growing your own food.
Each kit comes with a bag of alfalfa and mung beans seeds and activity sheets - all you need is an empty glass jar to start the sprouting adventure! Sprouts grows fast, so expect to reap rewards in 3 to 5 days.
Our seed bags are made from a sustainable, natural woven blend of cotton and muslin. For longer seed shelf life, please store the seeds in an airtight container.
Kid's sprouting kit contains:
- Alfalfa sprouting seeds 200g
- Mung bean sprouting seeds 200g
- Kids' worksheet
You will need:
- empty glass jar, no lid (or you can buy our Jar)
Read about the alfalfa seeds sprouting method.
Read about the mung beans seeds sprouting method.
- Non detected chemical residue *NATA laboratory tested
- Microbiologically tested. (Free of pathogens; e-coli, salmonella & listeria)
- No chemical seed coating
- Open pollinated
- Germination +95%
- Seed Purity +98%
Please note: This kit is NOT available for purchase if your delivery address is in WA or TAS due to quarantine restrictions.
Supplementary educational material
Seed germination – YouTube selection
- How Does A Seed Become A Plant ? – SciShowKid Series
- Grow Your Own Plants - SciShowKids Series
- Seed Germination – AumSum Time Series
Photosynthesis - YouTube selection
Audio story books
- Miss Maples Seeds – Read by Michelle Obama
- The Tiny Seed By Eric Carle – School Curriculum
- The Tiny Seed: Awesome Activities To Enjoy With Your Preschooler
- We Plant A Seed – Sharon Gordon
Extra experiment – Growing seeds in soil & without soil