‘Sensational Sprouts’ Kids' starter kit
- 250g bag of alfalfa sprouting seeds
- 200g bag of mung bean sprouting seeds
- Spare cotton & linen seed bag
- Rubber bands for your sprouting jar/s
- ‘Sensational Sprouts’ activity sheet
- Pencil to use with your activity sheet
- ^Personalise the box with a handwritten name
- *Add on extra $20 for a pack of 60 Faber-Castell coloured pens
- *Add on extra $20 for a glass jar and strainer lid set
Simple, affordable and heaps of fun! Our starter kits are the easy and educational way to introduce kids the wonderful world of growing their own food and the fascinating science of plants. Perfect for use at home or in the classroom, each kit comes with a bag of alfalfa seeds, mung beans seeds and a ‘Sensational Sprouts’ activity sheet. All kids need is to forage in the kitchen for an empty glass jar (roughly 900ml is fine, but don’t worry if it’s a bit bigger or smaller, or you can buy our jar) to start their sprouting adventure. Remember sprouts grow fast, so expect to reap rewards in just 3 to 5 days!
^Please leave in comments the name you wish to have on the box.
*Bundle your kid's starter kit with a pack of Faber-Castell coloured pens or a glass jar and strainer lid set for an extra $20.
Please note: This kit is NOT available for delivery to WA or TAS due to quarantine restrictions.
Supplementary educational material
Seed germination – YouTube selection
- How Does A Seed Become A Plant ? – SciShowKid Series
- Grow Your Own Plants - SciShowKids Series
- Seed Germination – AumSum Time Series
Photosynthesis - YouTube selection
Audio story books
- Miss Maples Seeds – Read by Michelle Obama
- The Tiny Seed By Eric Carle – School Curriculum
- The Tiny Seed: Awesome Activities To Enjoy With Your Preschooler
- We Plant A Seed – Sharon Gordon
Extra experiment – Growing seeds in soil & without soil