Sprouted lentils with Moroccan Salad Seeds Grain Salad January 12 2017
Let's start 2017 afresh! This is our take on a grain salad using two of our favourite products, fresh lentils sprouts and sprinkles of Moroccan Salad Seeds.
A summer favourite, with little pops of fireworks coming from the pomegranate and nutty Moroccan spices from the salad seeds.
Cook time: > 30 minutes
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ shallots, finely diced
- ½ cup buckwheat
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup lentils (sprouted) (70g)
- ½ cup Moroccan Salad Seed (70g)
- 2 tablespoon baby capers
- ½ cup currants
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded, to serve
- Blanch the lentils separately in some boiling water. Drain & set aside.
- Add ½ cup buckwheat to with 1 ½ cup of water,bring to a simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until al dentale or the liquid is absorbed. Drain off any excess liquid & set aside.
- Add ½ cup quinoa to 1½ cup of water, bring to a simmer then cover on low for 15-20 minutes until al dentale or the liquid is absorbed. Drain off any excess liquid & set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, buckwheat, lentils, salad seeds, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste.
- Place into serving dish and top with cumin yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
Optional: Dress the grain salad with yogurt, pomegranate, ground cumin and honey as a topping. Mix them all until combine to have a flavour infuse yogurt. Plate up!