Raw Beetroot and Sprouted Chickpea Hummus Dip February 01 2017
- 1/2 cup sprouted chickpeas
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled and cut into small chunks 75g
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs- rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- Blend the sprouted chickpeas, beetroot and mix dried herbs together in a high speed blender, to finely chop.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, tahini and oil and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add water if it is too thick or to reach the dip consistency you prefer. Add salt and pepper, season to taste!
Serve the beetroot & chickpea hummus with Sydney Sprouts Toasted Rice Crackers as part of a dip or antipasto platter.
Try the dip also with a selection of vegetables, carrot, cucumber & celery sticks with a melody of colourful cherry tomatoes.
Use any left overs as a spread on your lunch wraps.