Avocado Boat with Sprouted Chickpea Topping March 22 2017
- 1 punnet of Sydney Sprouts Chickpea
- 3 tbsp of masala spice blend (or equivalent)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oil
- Lemon juice
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- 6-10 cherry tomatoes, half or quartered
- 1 shallot diced
Tahini Dressing (optional)
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2-4 tbsp hot water
- Boil the sprouted chickpeas for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. While pan is heating, add the dried chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss with masala spice blend and sea salt to season.
- Once the pan is hot, add oil and chickpeas to pan and sauté , stirring frequently until slightly browned and fragrant – about 8 minutes.
- Place chickpeas into a bowl and set aside to cool. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed by adding more salt or spice.
- Prepare the tahini dressing (optional) - otherwise extra lemon juice is a great substitute. To make dressing - mix all ingredients together and add hot water gradually to thin out to the desired consistency.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, chickpeas and coriander together.
- To serve, halve the avocado and remove seed. Can scoop out the flesh or leave it in the skin. Removing it from the skin makes it easier to eat but will be messy!
- Generously squeeze lemon juice over the avocado. Add the tahini dressing and top it with the chickpea topping.
- Serve immediately – it's delicious when fresh!